Welcome to our Religious Education (RE) and Collective Worship page. This page provides information, advice and resources to support the teaching of RE and the leading of Collective Worship in Worcestershire and Dudley schools.
The Diocese offers a range of training courses for schools on RE and Collective Worship, as part of the Training & Support SLA offer. For further details, please contact the Diocesan Education Team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on 01905 732 825.
For further support, advice and guidance about RE and / or Collective Worship, please contact Rev. Duncan Hutchison by email on email@example.com, or by telephone on 07960 977 847.
Assemblies and Collective Worship
Links to both useful online resources for school assemblies and recommended books are included below. Additional resources suitable for use in schools (including resources for quiet times and information about the colours of the church year) are also linked on this page.
- Religious Education in Church of England Schools - A Statement of Entitlement 2019
- Collective Worship in Church of England Schools - Guidance document, May 2021
- RE, Assemblies and Collective Worship Resources
- DBE - The Colours of the Church Year 2021-2022
- DBE - Prayer Area Reflections and Resources
- DBE - RE Thinking Skills
- Faith Schools
- Guidance on the duty to promote community cohesion
- Shap Working Party on Education in Religions
- Religious education: The non-statutory national framework
- Faith Schools and Community Cohesion: Observations on Community Consultations
- Religion, Environments & Education (REEP)