The latest Called to Action focusses on the start of the journey towards COP26 in November.
COP26 is the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference, which is scheduled to be held in Glasgow from 1 to 12 November 2021. Visit the website.
The world will be watching as this conference comes to Glasgow and Christians will be standing together with the global community to ensure the UK Government responds urgently to the global climate emergency.
Journey with us to COP26
The journey from now to the COP26 conference is an unmissable opportunity for sharing ideas, reflections, challenges and commitments. Join us so we can encourage and support each other through:
- sharing worship and reflections,
- taking action to cut carbon,
- encouraging others to engage with nature,
- examples of improving biodiversity,
- opportunities for national campaigning,
- news of local events,
- sharing concerns and hopes
Share your story and link with others through the Journey with us Facebook page and commit to walking the number of miles from your home to Glasgow before November.
- Set your own target - walk or cycle in your locality, the equivalent number of miles (about 310) or maybe ask church members to take on a leg of the journey.
- Take a photo each week, pick up litter, and pray for the places you pass.
- Share your story with your friends, your church or in the ‘Journey with us: Worcester to COP26’ Facebook group.
- Learn about environmental steps to take in your life, your community, and your church.
- Take part in a national art competition for children.
Joining the journey to COP26 could support:
- Eco Church (for churches https://ecochurch.arocha.org.uk/): Worship and Teaching 1 and 9, Community and Global Engagement 14.
- Creation Care (for households https://creationcare.org.uk/): Worship and Teaching 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5, Community and Global Engagement 7.8