Diocesan Board of Education
Overseeing the work of our Education team
The Worcester Diocesan Board of Education (DBE), which includes the Executive Standing Committee and the Education Committee, directs and oversees the work of the Diocesan Department for Education team.
- Support, promote and oversee the work of those working with children and young people.
- Enable children and young people to develop spiritually.
- Enable the participation of children and young people in the mission and growth of the Church.
- Enable the faith development of children and young people within the Church.
- Strengthen links between parishes and educational establishments.
- Support those engaged in education in their vision and their delivery of R.E., Worship, and Spiritual, Social, Cultural and Moral Development.
- Support the leadership and management of Church Schools.
- Promote partnership within the diocese, including other Boards, and to serve those who are not yet the Church's members.
- Work in partnership with other relevant agencies.
In the Worcester Archdeaconry
The Revd Julie James
In the Dudley Archdeaconry
A review working group was established to make suggestions to Bishop’s Council recommending a new shape of the DBE to Diocesan Synod. Recommendations to move away from the representational model to a skills based mode and to reduce the numbers, electing members according to skills and particular expertise they can bring to the Board were approved by Bishop’s Council and by Diocesan Synod. Please see the summary of the meeting.