The Inter-Faith Resources Group aims to be a bridge between the diocese and other faith groups and communities who are our neighbours.
The Task Group has a number of objectives:
- To be a reference point for local and national Inter-Faith networks and to represent the diocese on these bodies.
- To gather resources and experience, which can be used in responding to questions and issues that arise e.g. the use of buildings, the religious education of children, cultural sensitivities etc.
- To promote greater understanding through courses and conferences made available to parishes (e.g. the "Understanding Islam" course).
- To encourage individuals and groups to take advantage of the many opportunities available for further study and encounter, especially in Birmingham.
- To promote awareness of the importance of Inter Faith issues across the Diocese.
- To respond to invitations to receive hospitality and to reciprocate where possible so that friendly and trusting relationships can be built up between the diocese and other faith communities.