Mission Shaped Ministry
A one-year learning journey in a supportive community.
Who is it for?
- You – if you’re exploring how to begin, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church
- You – if you’re already involved in a fresh expression of church and want to reflect on what you are doing
- You – if you simply feel that your church could be so much more than it is, but aren’t sure where to start
- All denominations, traditions and ages
- Individuals are most welcome, but it is particularly helpful for small groups from a church, team or local area to take part together, as this deepens the impact of the course.
Features of msm:
- Designed for busy Christians – 6-10 evenings, 3-4 Saturdays and one weekend away
- Delivered by practitioners from a range of different backgrounds and denominations
- Local and national teachers
- Opportunities to reflect on your context and story
- For urban, suburban and rural contexts
- Varied learning styles and resources
- Many stories of real-life fresh expressions
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks
- Full materials and extra online material
- Mission context
- Handling opposition and setbacks
- The mission of God
- Vision, values and call
- What is church?
- Engaging with the community
- Gospel and culture
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments
- Starting something new
- Growing to maturity
- Listening for mission
Evesham / Gloucester: January 2019 – early 2020.
A group in Evesham will be taking part in Gloucester Diocese’s next msm course, starting in January 2019.Evening sessions will take place in Evesham, and for the 4 Saturdays they will join with participants from other venues for joint sessions in Gloucester.The weekend “away” will be at Holland House, so Evesham participants will attend as day visitors.
Cost: Approx £135 / person, including all course materials, meals and refreshments, daytime attendance at Holland House.Contact: Sarah Hewitt.
Next Worcester Diocese msm: Planned for September 2019.
Evening sessions in various locations around the diocese, and three Saturdays and one weekend away all together.More info to follow.Contact: Tom Fish.
Can’t wait till then?
Try MSI (mission-shaped intro)
A five-week taster course covering some of the same material. For more info, click here.
“msm is for anyone involved in reaching beyond the church walls with the good news. With great content, creatively presented, it is an essential tool for anyone engaged in pioneering ministry or thinking about fresh ways of being church.”
Ian Bell, Coordinator, VentureFX (and one of our guest speakers)
“msm gave me a chance to see what we’re doing in church from a completely different perspective”
Philippa Sargent, Curate, Kempsey nr Worcester
“More and more Christians are being led by God to plant, sustain and lead fresh expressions of church. msm is a crucial means by which the Holy Spirit is preparing them for this calling. Go for it!”
Martyn Atkins, Superintendent of Westminster Central Hall
“For me, msm was about being with likeminded people – discovering that I’m not alone in thinking that the church needs to be radically different.”
Mark Badger, Vicar, Kempsey