Lent Resources 2019
Resources, appeals and events in Lent
The Church of England's 2019 Lent and Easter campaigns
LentPilgrim and EasterPilgrim are the Church of England’s 2019 Lent and Easter campaigns. Wherever you are, these resources should help your church mark these important seasons in the Church calendar.
What will be available for you to use?
- LentPilgrim 40 daily reflections based on the Beatitudes – to run from Ash Wednesday until Palm Sunday.
- Full-colour booklet published by Church House Publishing
- App for Android and iOS, based on the award-winning 2018 #LiveLent app
- E-mail sign-up for daily content
- Social media campaign
- Daily audio content for smart speakers, in the app and on the Church of England website
- Enhanced interactive content for uses in pilot dioceses preparing for baptism/confirmation
- Explainer graphics throughout Holy Week to share the key elements in the journey to Easter Day: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Day
- A bridge to EasterPilgrim – with weekly content shared from Church of England from Easter Day until Ascension based on the Lord’s Prayer, making it a great way to prepare for Thy Kingdom Come.
The reflections have been written by Bishop Steven Croft, co-author of the Pilgrim Course.
We'll be sharing more information about Lent and Easter in the weeks to come. Do watch out for news about how your church can get involved in the campaign on our social media channels and regular emails to A Church Near You editors.
Reflections for Lent is designed to enhance your spiritual journey through the forty days from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday (6 March - 20 April 2019). Author(s): Jan McFarlane, Kate Bruce, and Paula Gooder.
Covering Monday to Saturday each week, it offers reflections on readings from the Common Worship Lectionary, written by some of today's leading spiritual and theological writers.
Each day includes:
- Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer
- A reflection on one of the Bible readings
- A Collect for the day
This volume offers daily material for 6 March to 20 April 2019, taken from the Reflections for Daily Prayer 2018/19 annual edition.
It is ideal for individuals and groups seeking Lectionary-based reflections for use during Lent and Holy Week, or for anyone wishing to try Reflections for Daily Prayer before committing to a year's worth of material.
It also features a simple form of morning and night prayer and a guide to keeping a good Lent.
Order your copy from Church House Publishing.
Lent Study Guide: Living fruitfully
Journey with Embrace this Lent using our six session study guide. Explore the fruits of the Spirit and other key New Testament passages on growing in Christ-likeness; reflect on Jesus’ own character; and be further inspired by our partners as they live fruitfully to bring transformation to those experiencing poverty or injustice in the Middle East today.
Each session includes:
- Bible study questions and reflections
- an Inspired by the Vine meditation, exploring different aspects of Jesus’ own character
- stories about Embrace’s partners living fruitfully to bring fuller lives to those experiencing poverty and injustice in the Middle East today
- simple, practical actions you can take to make a difference
- elements that can be lifted out to use in a church service, or share via your magazine or email circular.
This Lent, be inspired to grow in fruitful living!
WaterAid is an international development charity working in partnership with local organisations in over 30 countries worldwide, to provide clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. In the previous years, the support of churches across the UK has helped us to reach thousands of people with clean water, changing lives for good.
This Lent discover how international development charity, Send a Cow, has been working with Joy to help transform her family’s life. Use a handy Bible reflection and presentation to prompt your congregation’s reflections throughout Lent.
Motivate your church put their faith into action by hosting a Lunch For Lent and raise money to support communities in Africa. Just £45 could help provide training so that farmers like Joy can grow their own food and live healthy, independent lives.
This pancake day invite your friends and family to join you and share in the Big Pancake Party!
The idea is simple; get together, eat some pancakes, have a great time and raise funds for those in need. You could hold it in your home, school, church or community venue. It could be big or small, it could be on pancake day itself or on another day that works for you.