Section A. Ministry

A20. Common Tenure grievance procedure

For holders of Common Tenure there is a statutory Grievance Procedure, the Code of Practice (see link below).

(In the event that you wish to discuss the process as referred to in section 5(a) with the "human resources adviser" please, in the first instance, contact the HR Administrator in the Diocesan Office.)

Supporting advice published by the Archbishops' Council can be found following the link below.

The Statements of Particulars of those holding Common Tenure state:

"If you have a grievance, you are encouraged to take it up informally in the first instance, and, if appropriate, consider mediation. This will not affect your right to require formal consideration of your grievance under the procedure."

February 2011