Open Conversations about the future of our Church10 Dec 2019 By Sam Setchell
Join the conversation as to how ministry is shaped in the future.
These open conversations are a chance for your voice to be heard. Nine different sessions are planned in different venues throughout the Diocese – the content will be exactly the same in each one, please come to whichever is most convenient for you.
“I hope and pray that these open conversations will be a real chance for a wide range of people to engage in the issues currently affecting our church, so that together we can work out ways to move forward towards our Kingdom vision and enable God’s Church in Worcestershire and Dudley to thrive.” Bishop John
Dates and locations of Open Conversations:
These meetings are not area specific and the content will be the same at each one – come to whichever is most convenient, but please come! Book by clicking on the date that you'd like to attend:
- Wednesday 11 December, 2 – 4.30pm, The Old Palace, Worcester, WR1 2JE
- Wednesday 11 December, 7 – 9.15pm, The Old Palace, Worcester, WR1 2JE
- Tuesday 14 January, 10am – 12.30pm, Pershore Town Hall, WR10 1DS
- Tuesday 14 January, 7 – 9.15pm, Welland Parish Hall, WR13 6LP
- Monday 20 January, 2 – 4.30pm, St John the Evangelist Church Centre, Kates Hill, Dudley. DY2 7JH
- Monday 20 January, 7 – 9.15pm, St John the Evangelist Church Centre, Kates Hill, Dudley. DY2 7JH
- Thursday 30 January, 2 – 4.30pm, The Old Palace, Worcester, WR1 2JE - due to expected high numbers, a second, identical session will also be running at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Pump Street, Worcester. Please attend either session.
- Tuesday 4 February, 2 – 4.30pm, Catshill Social Club, Meadow Road Bromsgrove. B61 0JJ
- Tuesday 4 February, 7 – 9.15pm, Trinity Methodist Church, Kidderminster, DY10 2JL
Once you've been to an open conversation, you can let us have any feedback on this page.
Open conversation for Young People
On Saturday 8 February, 1.30 - 3pm, we are inviting children and young people from across the diocese to join a special Open Conversation run by Children's Officer Emma Pettifer and Youth Officer, Simon Hill.
The content will be essentially the same as other conversations, but this is a chance for children and young people’s voices to be heard. Young people must be between year 3 and the sixth form. Parents/carers do not need to stay.
Watch a message from Bishop John about the Open Conversations: