Bishops in Evesham for a weekend of celebration11 Jun 2018 By Sam Setchell
Bishops John and Graham will visit Evesham for a weekend of celebration and mission.
The Bishops of Worcester and Dudley will join church members in Evesham and the surrounding villages for a weekend of community events on 16 and 17 June. All are welcome to come and join the fun and take the opportunity to ask the bishops and others questions about their faith.
Along with the opportunity to ‘grill a bishop’, there will be something for everyone with the chance enjoy tea and coffee in the town, join with fun in the park or attend a flower festival or songs of praise service.
The Bishop of Dudley, Graham Usher, said: “I’m delighted to be spending next weekend in Evesham. We have a big team of people coming to the town and surrounding areas, to tell their stories and share the love of Jesus with others. I hope people will come and join the fun and think of some really challenging questions to put to me!”
Here are some of the events taking place alongside others being held in individual churches:
Saturday 16 June
- 10am – noon: Free tea and coffee outside All Saints’ Church
- 2 – 4pm: Free family fun afternoon in Abbey Park with crafts, games, singing and more!
- 3pm: Grill a Bishop at The Valkyrie, Evesham
- 7.30pm: Grill a Bishop at The Lenches Club (with the Bishop of Worcester) or The Old Bull, Inkberrow (with the Bishop of Dudley
Sunday 17 June
- Church services across the area with the Bishop of Worcester in St Peter, Bengeworth at 10am and the Bishop of Dudley in St James, Badsey at 11am.
- 11am: a WW1 themed flower festival at Kington followed by a Songs of Praise service at 4.30pm
- 3-5pm: Family fun day at Harvington Village Hall followed by a Songs of Praise service
- 6.30pm: Songs of Praise service at St Andrew’s, Hampton
The Diocese of Worcester is one of 42 dioceses in the Church of England. It covers an area of 671 square miles and includes parishes in the County of Worcestershire, the Metropolitan Borough of Dudley, and a few parishes in northern Gloucestershire, south east Wolverhampton and Sandwell.
From: Sam Setchell, Press Officer for the Diocese of Worcester and the Bishop of Worcester.
Tel: 01905 20537 Mobile: 07852 302516 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org