Could you support the Bishop of Worcester?2 Mar 2016 By Sam Setchell
Bishop John is looking for a new member of his office staff.
We are looking to appoint a part-time Administrator/ Secretary to work in Bishop John's Office. The role includes working as part of a team responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks. and this post has particular responsibilities with regard to administration support for Ministerial Development Reviews and safeguarding records.
The successful candidate will be responsible (along with other members of the team) for a wide range of tasks including:
- Welcoming visitors and dealing with enquiries, telephone calls, mail and email.
- As appropriate, organising meetings, maintaining contact with staff in the Bishop of Dudley’s Office, the Diocesan Office, the offices of the Archdeacons, the Diocesan Registrar’s office, and others.
- Replying to correspondence as requested/delegated, or as dictated/drafted
- Coordinating with the work of the Bishop’s Personal Assistant and Secretary/Administrator
- Giving assistance with simple hospitality (during office hours).
- Taking on other administrative /secretarial tasks as required.
The Secretary / Administrator will normally be responsible for the following specific tasks on a day to day basis:
Development Review (MDR) administration
- monitoring that MDRs have been arranged and have taken place, notifying exceptions to the Bishop.
- handling the distribution of records of MDRs
- maintaining Safeguarding
records held in the Bishop’s Office in liaison with the DBS Administrator
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Self-disclosure forms
- Safeguarding training
for maintaining Clergy and Licenced Lay Ministers (Readers) files with regard
This is a part-time appointment of 17.5 hours per week working Mondays and Thursdays 9.00 am – 4.30 pm & Wednesday 9.00 am – 1.30pm
Salary - £9,306 p.a. plus non contributory pension
Or from the HR Administrator, The Old Palace, Deansway, Worcester, WR1 2JE
Tel 01905 730730, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: noon on Tuesday 8 March 2016
Interviews will be held during the first week of April
The Diocese of Worcester supports equal opportunities in employment