Celebrate Easter in Church15 Apr 2014 By James Atkinson
Churches throughout Worcestershire and Dudley will be marking Easter with a range of services, events and activities. Easter lies at the heart of the Christian Faith and churches will be holding services on Good Friday to mark Jesus' death on the cross and then celebrating Jesus rising from the tomb on Easter Sunday.
Alongside the traditional services, there are a range of community events taking place. These include:
Good Friday, 18 April
- St John's Church in Bromsgrove is running an Easter Journey experience. The journey begins at 11.30 and the morning will involve an interactive walk through Jesus' last week leading up to His death & Resurrection.
- Christ Church in Malvern is holding a Good Friday Devotional Hour at 2pm - quiet contemplation with Canon Harold Goddard
- At St. Edburga, Leigh will be staging a performance of Stainer's Crucifixion by their Community Choir at 8pm.
Easter Sunday, 20 April
- Churches Together in Kidderminster will be holding their Son Rise Service at 5.40am on Easter Day at Burlish Top, Birchen Coppice, Kidderminster. Followed by a cooked breakfast at St Peter's Community Church, Meredith Green Kidderminster. All are welcome.
- St. Mary's Church, Stanford with Orleton is having a Sunrise Communion Service on Easter Morning starting at 5.45am. English breakfast is available afterwards at the Bridge Hotel at Stanford Bridge for £7.50. Booking for breakfast essential by Friday 18th - telephone Robin on 01886 853295 or email@example.com.
- Christ Church, Malvern will be celebrating with Holy Communion with hymns. A joyful celebration with Canon Harold Goddard and Revd Alan Tostevin at 11am.
The Diocese of Worcester is one of 42 dioceses in the Church of England. It covers an area of 671 square miles and includes parishes in the County of Worcestershire, the Metropolitan Borough of Dudley, and a few parishes in northern Gloucestershire, south east Wolverhampton and Sandwell.
From: Sam Setchell, Press Officer for the Diocese of Worcester and the Bishop of Worcester.
Tel: 01905 20537 Mobile: 07852 302516 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org