Kingdom People Fund
In 2015, Bishop John established a Kingdom People Fund to support parishes with projects linked to our Kingdom People Vision.
The fund is administered by the Diocesan Trustees and PCCs can apply for grants of up to £1,000. Applications are assessed according to the criteria below and should be sent to the Bishop's Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Bishop's Office who will try to answer them.
In June 2013 the Diocesan Synod committed itself to a ‘Kingdom People Vision’. The Kingdom People Fund was set up by the Bishop of Worcester to provide grants to parishes to help implement that vision. The Diocesan Trustees are responsible for administering the Fund.
Grants from the fund
Subject to availability of funds (see below), grants of up to £1,000 will be awarded to PCCs which submit an application in support of a project which will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- What is the vision of the project?
- What will the project achieve/lead to, and how does it relate to the eight characteristics of the Kingdom People vision? (Where an application is related to fabric costs there should be a clear statement as to how the work would enable mission.)
- Is this an opportunity for mission that would otherwise be foregone? (It could be helpful to set out the desirability and viability of other options including larger or smaller projects.)
- Who is involved in the project, including other bodies (if any)? Who in the parish has specific responsibility for the project?
- Is the proposal financially sound, what is the budget and how does this relate to the PCC’s overall budget? (Please provide an itemised list with costs of proposed purchases and running costs including any hire of premises and salaries.)
- What is the PCC’s plan for payment of Parish Share? (There could be some flexibility where there are shortfalls, provided the plan leads to full payment of Share.)
- Unless this is a short term project, how and when will the project become financially self-sustaining?
- How and when would you know that the project has achieved its objectives?
- Has the extent to which any grant could be used to lever funding from other trusts etc. been explored? (Details of any funding from other bodies and list of other funding applications either pending or declined should be given.)
With regard to availability for funds, in any calendar year a PCC is not eligible to apply for grants which in total would exceed £1,000 and, in the event of applications exceeding the Fund’s resources precedence will be given to those PCCs which have not previously received a grant or have received the lowest value of grants in total.