Who are we?
The Far Forest Centre is a residential centre for groups of children and young people. Set in the idyllic rural village of Far Forest, just off the A456 on the A4117, the centre offers basic, warm, self catering accommodation for up to forty people and has a small grassed area at the rear, together with ample car parking space. Opposite is a spacious games field.
The Far Forest Centre trustees ensure that charges for use of the centre are kept to an absolute minimum so that it may be enjoyed by as many people as possible. We are very grateful to Rock District Council who support the Far Forest Centre with a small grant every year. The centre is situated in a quiet lane near the church, within easy walking distance of the Wyre Forest.
- A large dormitory which sleeps sixteen people in bunk beds. An adjacent wash room contains showers, toilets and wash basins.
- A further three dormitories sleep a total of fourteen in bunk beds. An adjacent wash room contains, toilets and wash basins and there is a seperate disabled toilet.
- Two bedrooms on the first floor are suitable as leaders' rooms, or to provide extra dormintory accommodation. One room has six beds, the other four, and both have access to their own shower room and toilet.
- The games room includes a table tennis and a pool table as well as a selection of outdoor games.
- Broadband is installed on site with wifi enabled.
- A 50" Smart HD television in the main room, for movie nights or for linking to your device with an HDMI cable.
- Heating is provided by an oil-fired central heating system which can be controlled by zone.
- Blankets and pillows are provided, but groups are asked to being their own towels and bed-linen or sleeping bags.
Download our latest visitor information sheet for charges and other useful information for your stay at the Far Forest Centre.
The Wyre Forest covers a large area bordering on the River Severn. It provides diverse terrain for orienteering walks. Just two miles from the Far Forest Centre is the visitor and discovery centre of the Wyre Forest which is open seven days a week offering cycle-trails, footpaths and the 'Go Ape' Forest Adventure course.
Other great days out within easy reach of the Far Forest Centre include the West Midlands Safari Park (7 miles) and Severn Valley Railway (14 miles).
From the village of Far Forest take New Road down to the bottom of the lane. The Far Forest Centre is just in front of you, behind Holy Trinity Church and Churchyard.
Far Forest Centre
Church Lane, Far Forest
For further information and to book your weekend away or retreat day, please contact:
01299 266978 / 07719305516
22 New Forest Close, Far Forest, Kidderminster DY14 9TJ