Ordinations 201718 May 2017 By Sam Setchell
This year's ordinations will take place on 24 & 25 June.
10 candidates will be ordained in the Cathedral this year to serve in parishes across the Diocese. Three candidates will be ordained Deacon and will enter their first year of training as a curate. A further seven candidates have completed their first year and will be ordained Priest, after which they will be able to preside at the Holy Communion.
To be ordained Priest at 2pm on Saturday 24 June:
- Kalantha Brewis serving at St. Barnabas with Christ Church, Tolladine in Worcester
- Alex French serving at St. Mary, Oldswinford, Stourbridge
- Rick Tett serving at Holy Trinity, Eckington and St. James, Defford cum St. Peter, Besford
- Orion Edgar serving in the Benefice of Pershore with Pinvin, Wick and Birlingham
- Chris Enwerem serving at St John the Evangelist, Dudley Wood & Cradley Heath
- Sue Hale serving at St. Mark’s, Pensnett
- Sallie Butcher serving in Teme Valley North, Shrawley and Witley with Abberley
To be ordained Deacon at 10am on Sunday 25 June:
- Becky Elliott, who will serve in the West Worcestershire Rural Team
- James Treasure, who will serve as part of the Kidderminster West Team Ministry
- Paula Honniball, who will serve in St. John the Baptist, Claines & St. George’s Worcester
The Bishop of Worcester will preside at both ordinations, assisted by the Bishop of Dudley, and the Revd Rhiannon King, who is Director of Mission in the Church of England, Birmingham will preach.
The ordinations are non-ticketed (except for close family and friends of the candidates).
Clergy are invited to robe for the service, as are friends and family members who are ordained, or licensed.
- Dress for clergy: cassock, surplice, white stole.
- For readers: cassock, surplice, preaching scarf.
- For ecumenical colleagues: as appropriate to their tradition.
All are welcome, it would be helpful for the cathedral to know numbers of clergy/ Readers who are planning to robe.