Mission Shaped Ministry
A one-year learning journey in a supportive community.
Who is it for?
- You – if you’re exploring how to begin, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church
- You – if you’re already involved in a fresh expression of church and want to reflect on what you are doing
- You – if you simply feel that your church could be so much more than it is, but aren’t sure where to start
- All denominations, traditions and ages
- Individuals are most welcome, but we particularly hope that small groups from a church, team or local area will participate as this will deepen the impact of the course.
Features of this msm
- First msm ever to be run in the Black Country
- Meeting in a fresh expression
- Designed for busy Christians – 6 Wednesday evenings, 3 Saturdays and one weekend away
- Delivered by practitioners from a range of different backgrounds and denominations
- Local and national teachers
- Opportunities to reflect on your context and story
- For urban, suburban and rural contexts
- Varied learning styles and resources
- Many stories of real-life fresh expressions
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks
- Full materials and extra online material
Timetable and venue
The Black Country msm will run from September 2017 through to June 2018 on six Wednesday evenings in Cradley Heath, three Saturdays in Lye and a weekend away at Holland House, near Evesham - roughly one meeting per month.
Saturdays (9:30am - 3:30pm): 23rd Sept, 17th March, 16th June
Wednesdays (7:30 - 9:30pm): 11th Oct, 8th Nov, 10th Jan, 7th Feb, 11th April, 9th May
Weekend away: 6pm Friday 24th Nov – 4pm Sunday 26th Nov
The full registration fee for msm is £225 per person, which includes all course materials, refreshments and the weekend away. For delegates from churches in the Diocese of Worcester and Methodist churches, 1/3 of the cost can be covered from central funds, and local churches are encouraged to cover a further 1/3. Other delegates should discuss financial support with their own church. Further financial support may be available if needed.
For more information about the Black Country msm:
Alicia Baker 01384 591096
Tom Fish 01384 897982
Andrew Roberts 07799 902568
Chris Enwerem 01384 936309
Emma Woollaston 01905 732812
“msm is for anyone involved in reaching beyond the church walls with the good news. With great content, creatively presented, it is an essential tool for anyone engaged in pioneering ministry or thinking about fresh ways of being church.”
Ian Bell, Coordinator, VentureFX (and one of our guest speakers)
“msm gave me a chance to see what we’re doing in church from a completely different perspective”
Philippa Sargent, Curate, Kempsey nr Worcester
“More and more Christians are being led by God to plant, sustain and lead fresh expressions of church. msm is a crucial means by which the Holy Spirit is preparing them for this calling. Go for it!”
Martyn Atkins, Superintendent of Westminster Central Hall
“For me, msm was about being with likeminded people – discovering that I’m not alone in thinking that the church needs to be radically different.”
Mark Badger, Vicar, Kempsey
The Black Country msm is being run by the Diocese of Worcester, in partnership with the Methodist Church and Fresh Expressions.