Love, compassion, justice and freedom. These are the values that will bring about the kingdom of God on Earth.
As part of the 2020 Vision Group, set up by the Bishop's Council to discern what God's vision is for the diocese, we launched Kingdom People in 2011. Kingdom People is an initiative to aid churches in living out the Gospel in practical, meaningful ways - making an impact on the world around them.
Focusing on the 8 priorities
Over the coming months, we're focusing on the values and priorities of being 'Kingdom People'.
Each month we'll be looking at a different aspect of Kingdom People, drawing on the 8 priorities that Bishop John has introduced.
We'll be providing you with video interviews, articles, resources and ideas and more to help inspire and bless you.
- Kingdom People newsletter #1 - Introduction
- Deeply rooted in prayer and scripture
- Equipped to witness to the gospel of love, compassion, freedom and (...)
- Renewed and transformed by regular worship
- Released and resourced to minister to others
- Devoted to growing deeply as disciples, offering our time, talents (...)
- Dedicated to helping children and young people to belong and be (...)
- Committed to making our buildings fit for purpose as a spiritual and (...)
- Kingdom People Questionnaire Summary Report (21 March 2013)
- Bishop John introduces the 8 priorities (12 March 2013)
- Kingdom People update from June 2013 (2 July 2013)
- Kingdom People checklist exercise for churches (17 October 2013)
- New appointment to support parishes (9 September 2013) - Revd. Chris Worsley is the new Kingdom People Development Officer
Explore the Kingdom People values further (from the original launch pack):
Case studies featured in the original launch pack
- Kingdom People case study: Black Country Food Bank
- Kingdom People case study: Boys2Men
- Kingdom People case study: Clent after school club
- Kingdom People case study: Malvern Cafe
- Kingdom People case study: Street Pastors
- Kingdom People case study: Tolladine Project
- Kingdom People case study: Vine and Branches