Opportunities in the Diocese of Worcester
Director of Ministry & Discipleship
We are committed to developing the ministry of all in the diocese, lay and ordained through our Kingdom People Vision.
Could you lead our training and discipleship team in the context of this Vision for the future of the Church and its ministry in these demanding but exciting times of change?
Could you engage with us in creative and imaginative thinking about future patterns of ministry in the diocese, with a particular focus upon formation in discipleship?
We are seeking a person with deep faith, a passion for mission, a strategic mind, an instinct for collaborative work and a love for people.
Remuneration at the same rate as the stipend of a Residentiary Canon together with a provided house or housing allowance plus non contributory pension
This post carries an Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 part 1 schedule 9 meaning that the successful applicant will be an active communicant member of the Church of England or a church in full communion with it and capable of holding a general preaching licence from the Bishop of Worcester.
This post is subject to DBS ‘enhanced plus' disclosure
More details from:
HR Administrator, email@example.com Tel: 01905 730730
The Diocesan Office, The Old Palace, Deansway, Worcester WR1 2JE
Closing date for applications: by noon on Thursday 6 November 2014
The Diocese of Worcester supports equal opportunities in employment
Upcoming Clergy Vacancies
The Diocese of Worcester is committed to mission in every aspect, seeking to bring the good news of God's love in Jesus to all who live in the cities, towns and villages of our richly diverse diocese, and to make the gospel relevant to their everyday lives. Every congregation is encouraged to reflect deeply on what the Kingdom of God might look like in their situation and work together to build it. Bishop John has identified love, compassion, justice and freedom as the kingdom values which set the tone for mission and outreach. Worcester has recently become the regional centre for New Wine's South and South West Region, and we are excited about what God is doing here.
We have clergy vacancies coming up in churches full of people ready to engage in transforming their communities, who are committed to the Kingdom People vision, and wanting to be open to the Holy Spirit. Could you be called to join with them and serve God as a church leader in the Midlands?
To find out more about posts in this mission focussed diocese, contact Nikki Groarke, Archdeacon of Dudley, for an informal chat. Office: 01905 773301 Mobile: 07764 685818
Vicar & Workplace Chaplain (Designate) in the Parish of Kidderminster Ismere
We are seven churches, very soon to be a new single parish team: from delightful Worcestershire villages to the distinctly urban Kidderminster town centre.
- Welcoming, supportive communities who work well together.
- Variety in ministry: ecumenical partnerships, workplace chaplaincy, church & local schools.
- Ordained & lay colleagues (team rector, vicar & NSM, 2 Readers & 11 Authorised Lay Ministers).
- The opportunity to join a friendly & enthusiastic team at an exciting time as we face the challenges of this new parish.
We need someone:
- Who is passionate about following and serving Jesus Christ and able to inspire, energise & motivate others.
- With ideas & enthusiasm for working with people of all ages, both inside & outside the church.
- Who will not shy away from the challenge to open our doors wide enough to include children & young people & to enable us to take out the Gospel.
- Who is excited about & ready to find God at work in the community & workplaces of Wyre Forest.
Application forms and details from:
The Bishop's Oﬃce, The Old Palace,
Deansway, Worcester WR1 2JE
Email: bishop.worcester@cofe‐ worcester.org.uk
Closing Date: 14 November 2014
Interviews will be held on 16 December 2014
DBS Plus Required
Support Assistant for Faith at Work in Worcestershire
- To assist the team of workplace chaplains in the organisation and administration of meetings and events for voluntary chaplaincy team members and for public events
- Production in conjunction with chaplains of publicity (both paper and social/electronic media)
- The organisation and taking of minutes of Management Committee meetings.
Advisers to the Diocesan Advisory Committee for the Care of Churches (DAC Advisers)
The role of the DAC is to advise the Diocesan Chancellor and the parishes on a matters relating to the care and conservation of church buildings. The role of honorary DAC Advisers is to give advice to the DAC (and through the DAC to the parishes) on matters requiring particular specialist knowledge.
The specialist areas we are currently looking to fill are:
- Tree Adviser
- Electrics and Lighting Adviser
- Turret Clocks Adviser
We'd particularly like to express our thanks to the current holders of these posts, Roy Finch, Eric Southwell and David Beacham, for their generous services to the diocese and parishes given so freely over a number of years.
Further details of the duties and responsibilities of these posts, which are voluntary, may be obtained from the DAC Secretary, John Dentith, on or 01905 732809.